Financing options for impact entrepreneurship:
A cross-border event to demystify financing sources
In the Greater Region, many people have created or want to create a venture with a social or environmental impact. While they usually do not lack good ideas, they often lack funding for concrete implementation. The reasons? Some do not have the networks, the professional experience, the financial guarantees or the scalable project to easily convince banks and other investors. Others simply do not know what are the financing options available to them.
This full-day (10 a.m. - 5 p.m.) event on May 31, 2022, at Technoport in Esch-Belval is aimed at them.
The Interreg project PUSH.GR, the REconomy Luxembourg project and Etika are organizing a cross-border event to demystify financing sources and meet a community of impact entrepreneurs and impact funders.
The day will start with a discussion on impact entrepreneurship with a panel of experts, and proceed with parallel workshops on different types of financing. In these workshops, impact funders and impact entrepreneurs will share their experience and answer (neo-)entrepreneurs’ questions. In the afternoon, a pitch session will be moderated - impact entrepreneurs will present their project and share their needs - this is an opportunity for them to raise the profile of their venture, as well as to gain financial and or/non-financial investment and support. The day will conclude with a friendly networking moment.
10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.: Introduction panel on impact entrepreneurship with Eric Lavillunière (REconomy), Daniel Tesch (ULESS), Sevan Holemans (Solifin), and Touchpoint asbl.
11:30 a.m.: coffee break
11h45 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Thematic workshops
- Crowdfunding (with EtiCROWD, Simon Le Financier & On.Perfekt)
- Microcredit (with MicroLux, Crédal & IC.Allcars)
- Bank financing (with Spuerkees, Akabo-Buttek & others)
- Impact business angels & solidarity venture capital (with Tool2Care & others)
- Grants, subsidies and aids (with Oeuvre Nationale de Secours Grand-Duchesse Charlotte & others)
1 p.m.-2 p.m.: Lunch
2 p.m.-3:30 p.m.: Pitch session « meet my needs »
3:30 p.m.-5 p.m.: Networking & drink
Pitch session information
ONLY 4 or 5 entrepreneurs will be able to pitch their project – check out the criteria of selection and send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- enterprise is ethical, sustainable, local;
- venture is ready to ‘get to the next level’: new articles, innovation, expansion...;
- ideally would operate in one or more of the following sectors: food, renewable energy, housing, health & care;
- contributes to the long-term resilience of the society;
- a project that can be replicable.
Free Event – with mandatory registration: HERE
The event will be held in English
Contact person : Aurélie Soetens (email@example.com)