Financing options for impact entrepreneurship
There are many people in the Greater Region who would like to start or have started a business with a social or ecological impact. They usually do not lack good ideas, but often lack the funding to actually implement them. Many do not have the networks, the professional experience, the financial guarantees or the “scalable” project to easily convince banks and other investors.
A full-day (10am – 5pm) event on 31 May 2022 at the incubator Technoport in Esch-Belval is aimed at them :
Financing options for impact entrepreneurship – A cross-border event to demystify financing sources
Business founders, but also people who would like to become entrepreneurs but have not yet dared to take the step, e.g. because they do not know the financing possibilities, will receive relevant information here, can learn from experience reports and contribute with their questions at workshops.
A series of speeches with different views on the topic of impact entrepreneurship will be followed by workshops on the various financing options. Among others, Karel Lambert (Akabo-Buttek) and Julia Gregor (Onperfekt) will report on their experiences with bank loans and crowdfunding campaigns. The day will conclude with a pitch session where founders can present their projects.
Detailed programme :
11:30 : Coffee break
11:45 a.m. – 1 p.m. : Thematic workshop and exchange of experiences on funding opportunities :
- Crowdfunding (with etiCROWD, Simon Le Financier & On.Perfekt)
- Microcredit (with Microlux, the company IC.Allcars & others
- Bank financing (with Spuerkeess, Akabo-Buttek & others)
- Impact Business Angels & Solidarity Venture Capital (with Tiime, Tool2Care & others)
- Grants, subsidies & aid (with Oeuvre Nationale de Secours Grand-Duchesse Charlotte & autres
13.00 – 14.00 : Lunch
14.00 – 15.30 : “meet my needs” pitch session
15.30 – 17.00 : Networking & drinks
Location Technoport SA, 9 avenue des Hauts-Fourneaux, L-4362 Esch-sur-Alzette
Language : The event will be held in English
Registration : Participation is free of charge. Registration (mandatory) here
Pitch session information :
ONLY 4 or 5 entrepreneurs will be able to pitch their project – check out the criteria of selection and send your application to : email@example.com
- enterprise is ethical, sustainable, local ;
- venture is ready to ‘get to the next level’ : new articles, innovation, expansion… ;
- ideally would operate in one or more of the following sectors : food, renewable energy, housing, health & care ;
- contributes to the long-term resilience of the society ;
- a project that can be replicable.